Ubumwe translates to “unity” or “togetherness”.
The mission of the Ubumwe Community Center is to:
- Help people with disabilities to find their abilities.
- Have a place where people with different disabilities meet to socialize and share their challenges,
By sharing their challenges they can find their own solutions.
- Provide economic opportunities for self-reliance through skills training.
- Enable respect and self-worth by providing a community for those who previously had no place to go.
- Provide a place where able bodied people and people of disability explore their common humanity.